Aviation Medical Exam Steps Effective Sept 27, 2022
You should go to medxpress.faa.gov and complete the 8500-8 form online prior to your appointment. After you complete and submit the 8500-8 form, click on the blue button labeled "Completed Application". On many/most systems, this will create and display a .PDF file that can be printed or saved to a thumb drive and brought to your visit. You may also email me the .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org We need the confirmation number to access and complete your exam application in the FAA system.
At this time, I am not performing Basic Medicals for new customers/pilots.
Please help speed the process by using the following checklist to ensure that you are prepared for the exam and bring the following FAA REQUIRED materials.
- Picture I.D.-Driver’s license or Passport
- Copy of the completed 8500-8 form noted above with the confirmation number
- Eyeglasses, contacts if used
- Hearing aids if used
- Special Issuance Letter, if applicable, with pertinent medical information required by the Special Issuance
- Medical records from personal physician regarding any CACI(Conditions AME Can Issue) such as Asthma, Arthritis, Thyroid, Kidney, Diabetes or Pre-diabetes, Hepatitis(Liver), Glaucoma(Eyes), High Blood Pressure, Cancer of any type(Prostate, Testicles, Kidney, Colon, Bladder, etc.). See FAA CACI Conditions
- List of all medications, supplements, vitamins, etc. you are using. Please note the name, dosage, length of time used and the condition requiring the medication.
- A copy of S.O.D.A. (Statement Of Demonstrated Ability) if applicable along with any special appliances, splints, etc. that you require while flying
- Please wear comfortable and appropriate loose fitting clothing to allow easy examination
- If you are not fluent in English, please bring someone who can interpret for you
- Please arrive hydrated as a urinalysis is required. We don't drug test.
My favorite hobby is aviation. I always look forward to pilot visits. My goal along with the FAA is to work to get you certified to fly safely. Please don't hesitate to contact me as I always enjoy talking to pilots regardless of whether I do their FAA Medicals or not.
Andrew Sambell MD AME
5070 S Collins St # 208
Arlington, TX 76018
At Arlington Municipal Airport KGKY
214 693 6075